International Women’s Day: Female celebs bravely raising their voices in support of war-torn Ukraine
New Delhi: The country of Ukraine is currently under the 10th day of Russian offensive as Russian forces entered the country on February 24 on the orders of Vladimir Putin. The West has extended its support for Ukraine at UNSC meetings by collectively condemning the invasion.
In addition, there have been international economic sanctions against Russia such as cutting off Russian lenders from the SWIFT banking system.
Many people around the world have come out in support of Ukraine and called for an end to the war.
Showing solidarity in Nari Shakti, women celebrities have come out openly and raised their voice against war and its impact on civilians. He has also used his reach to spread the message of peace to the citizens of Ukraine.
Globally many actresses such as Mila Kunis, Priyanka Chopra, former Miss Ukraine Anastasia Lena and many others have spoken about the ongoing war.
Have a look at his statements:
1. Mila Kunis: ‘That 70s Show’ actress Mila Kunis recently shared a video on Instagram in which she is seen condemning the attack on her country Ukraine. She told fans that she was born in Chernivtsi, Ukraine, and that her family immigrated to the United States in 1991. She and her husband Ashton Kutcher have started a $30 million GoFundMe fundraiser for Ukrainian citizens.
2. Ivanna Sakhno: The “Pacific Rim: Uprising” actress who hails from Ukraine said her world was “silenced” after the news of the attacks. In an interview with Variety, she talked about helping her family Ukrainian citizens during this difficult time.
She said, “My father is relocating children and their mothers from Kyiv to safer parts of Ukraine where he has built a base for the families of orphans and soldiers. Their mothers are in Crimea, a part of Ukraine that has been around since March 2014. Captured. – I haven’t seen her since. My other grandmother is hiding in a bunker that was used in World War II and still serves as the city gym. The rest of my extended The family is in Kyiv.”
3. Priyanka Chopra: Global star Priyanka took to Instagram a week ago to talk about the dire situation in Ukraine and urged her fans to help children in the war-torn nation. “The situation unfolding in Ukraine is appalling. Innocent people live in fear for the lives of themselves and their loved ones, while trying to navigate the uncertainty of the immediate future,” he wrote.
4. Anastasia Lena: Former Miss Ukraine Anastasia Lena joined the country’s army to fight in the ongoing conflict against Russia. Ukraine’s top model also shared photos in an Instagram post holding a gun in combat attire. Anastasia also wrote a special message for the people. “I want to talk because of the current situation! I’m not an army, just a woman, just a normal person,” she wrote.
5. Natalya Ilina: Model and wife of Rahul Mahajan, Natalya is half Russian and half Ukrainian. She had written a note on the current crisis on her Instagram and called for peace and ‘no war’. She wrote, “I have a lot of feelings about the situation and I check the news and check my friends like family who are currently in Ukraine. I can’t take sides. I’m on the side of humanity. I I am Russian and I am Ukrainian as much as I am German. My heart goes out to both. And I only wish and pray for #peace and #new.”